This Department offers eight compulsory courses and two job oriented courses on seed production and rainfed farming to UG students.Higher courses are offered to M.Sc.(Ag.) students who conducted researches in diverse areas and submitted their dissertation.A large number of Doctoral students have completed their research and submitted thesis.The works mainly covered effects of different major nutrients on growth, yield and quality of groundnut,effect of NKS and FYM on yield and quality of jute-rice-potato sequence,rice-cum-prawn culture in intensive cropping system,performance of Yambean and inter-cropping with pigeonpea,response of Berseem to N,P,K and S,INM in rice-pulse cropping system in rainfed lateritic Belt and compatibility of herbicides with other pesticides and fertilizers in potato.
1. To impart teaching, research and extension in the field of agronomy leading with undergraduate and post-graduate courses including doctoral degree programme;
2. The department deal with crop husbandry including weed science and water management as field of specializations;
3. The department worked with crop nutrition (Integrated Nutrient Management, INM), Natural Resource Management (NRM) including water management research, Best Management Practices (BMP) along with physiological aspects of crops;
4. The department is associated with crop and water productivity enhancement programme;
5. The department is dealt with dissemination of appropriate location specific crop production and water management technologies amongst the farmers.